Friday, November 13, 2009

Effort more important than ability and intelligence?




I read an interesting article about effort vs ability and intelligence.

It said that effort was the most important criteria for success in school and life.

Its mostly about school work, but I started to think that the same could be true when it comes to solving ones psychological problems.

I have social anxiety.
The most correct description is probably Avoidance Personality Disorder.
So how do I solve my problems or how do I improve my life with these problems?
If effort is most important then maybe I should stop worrying about whether I'm smart, weak etc.
What I ought to do is focus on effort only. Try more or harder to do things that can improve my life and solve my problems.

Link to the article: The secret to raising smart kids (and to succeed in life)

No comments:

Post a Comment